21.3.07

in the mind of the mind

it's how I once entitled a poem

but more.......it's a philosophy?? (I beg to differ)

some ramblings for today:
1. people have no idea how to drive (this is a revelation?) I was on the highway this morning, reflecting on the fact that when it comes to the operation of a motor vehicle (whic c'mon people, isn't really all that hard after all) people are painfully ignorant about which pedal is which. I mean, really, it is not as though the standard transmission has made a deft and surprising comeback as the preferred automobile transmission in this country. Sure, people still have them (mostly for posterity, I believe) but by and large, unless you're driving a tractor-trailer, I think it's safe to say that you're most likely driving a vehicle with an automatic transmission (not to mention the things I wish I had: power door locks, power windows, power steering, power brakes, airbags<------I'm quite happy without those, thanks perhaps also a cd player/am-fm radio or maybe a cassette deck and a moon or sun roof). Hence, it should not be all that difficult to operate said motor vehicle and you should most of the time be happily motoring along........you'd think so anyway. With all the modern conveniences afforded in today's motor vehicles (I'm surprised they don't come stock with microwave ovens yet) you'd think that drivers could tear their eyes away from the television (which sadly, is located BEHIND THEIR SEAT) and pay attention to the road. I mean christ, it's like you never left your living room! except for the microwave, which is of course in the kitchen (perhaps the trunk? no that would be too inconvenient....you'd actually have to get out to make the popcorn, though not if you had a hatchback.......) but I digress......the point here? LOOK IN FRONT OF YOU ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING, it will make for an all around more pleasurable experience.....for you, and for the other drivers on the road. P.S. my car has none of the above-mentioned luxuries (except power windows and power steering) Nope, I don't even have a cassette deck....just a radio which luckily picks up the FM dial heh heh heh
2. I heart Italy (this is a revelation?) I am so looking forward to going this summer I can't even stand it. I mean, it makes me want to jump out of my skin in a giddy exhortation of the virtues of Italian culture and what's more, they have LIFESTYLE!! AAAAHHHH now what would you pay?? But wait!! there's more!!! Just when you think it can't get any better, it does.....I am applying for a scholarship which will pay for tution plus a small stipend (they probably give you ten dollars and tell you to go to the movies or something) BUT.....please please please cross your fingers, legs, arms, or whatever other body part you can think of (not your intestines, though....that would be bad) in hopes that I am awarded said scholarship (also, if you pray to your diety of choice, that would help too) and as I said in an earlier post, I am always open to receiving contributions to the JolieFund for a Better Tomorrow <----- I really should start that foundation......we can send underprivileged American kids to study in Europe for a year...first I have to get over there though.....I'll keep you posted on how that works out, k?
3. I am in love with Dante Alighieri. there. I've said it. Although, he will never take the place of Giovanni (or Harald even) he's damn good. I love the sinners (God bless the Freaks!!) and I must admit to having read ahead and being just a touch disappointed to find out who exactly is in the ninth ring of hell. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll bet the suspense is killing you, too. Firstly, there are only three people in there (Maritza, when you get there, say hi for me, k? but I warn you, you are going to be BORED!! start repenting now so we will at least be in neighbouring rings...I'm thinking I'll end up in the sixth ring, so try to shoot for five or seven) besides Lucifer of course, and I really must admit that in this instance I really think that the old addage is true: the more the merrier!! so please, if you HAVE in fact committed Treacherous Fraud please start repenting now (again, acknowledging the diety of your choice is a not required, but probably helpful, though in the case of Treacherous Fraud, that mayn't help you either) Here's a hint: think along the lines of Jude (the one who betrayed Jesus), Marcus Junius Brutus Caepio (you remember him....et tu Brute? oh c'mon it's Brutus!! and no, not from Popeye wrong one...think the guy who assassinated Gaius Julius Cesar ) and Gaius Cassius Longinus (who aided and abetted Brutus in assassinating Julius Cesar....oh damn, this is not a history lesson) and let me just say.....I think Trecherous Fraud is fascinating. Not that I would ever commit it or anything, just an interesting glimpse into the psyche of man........perhaps you could say it's a look into the mind of the mind........................

1 commento:

maritza ha detto...

P.S. - Good luck! I hope you get awarded the scholarship!