22.3.07

the epitome of alienation

I am sitting in a cafe nearby to my house. In the past hour I have not seen one person without some technological device preventing their unfettered interaction with another human being. Every person in here right now (except for those who work here) is sitting behind a computer (myself included) and there have been four of the six computer junkies on the phone (and quite loudly) in the past fifteen minutes

Please explain to me how we became so completely cut off from one another: we have every modality of communication so available to us ALL THE TIME, but we still aren't communicating with each other....how does that work?


SIGH

2 commenti:

sulu-design ha detto...

I know that most of my friends think I'm secretly Amish for not owning a cell phone, not having cable t.v., and generally disliking all things tech-related, but it sure does allow me lots of time to think, read, make things, and visit with others (face to face). I was at a Thanksgiving dinner once where four people at the table were talking on cell phones. Why even get together? Point being... nice post.

Anonimo ha detto...

hai proprio ragione!!! ma ormai non possiamo più fare a meno della tecnologia o ci sentiamo fuori dal mondo...a discapito dei rapporti umani....

ciao ciao Pat