20.1.07

me-me oh my

Well, thank you Maritza for allowing me this opportunity to give you six new (and possibly interesting) tidbits about me.....strange? not so sure about strange.....you know what someone said: one man's strange is another man's perfectly normal psychotic behavior.
so here goes:
6 strange things about me...
1. I used to eat yellow onions as though they were apples when I was a little kid. This habit didn't last very long (thankfully!); when I was a little girl my parents used to keep onions and potatoes in a bin at the bottom of the food pantry. The pantry faced an outside wall and so was cool....I guess it was sort of like a root cellar if you will. Well, maybe it was because I tried the potatoes and was disillusioned with those (have you ever tried a piece of raw potato?? EW!! is all I can say), or maybe because they were pretty much the only food I could reach on my own (I don't think I was yet tall or heavy enough to open the fridge by myself), but apparently I picked up the habit of eating onions. I'd peel off the brown papery skin and eat the onion. Wacky, isn't it?
2. I loathe ugly feet. I think the condition of a persons feet says a lot about them. The really long index toe always remindes me of aye-ayes middle fingers.....and I always have these visions of people with that toe really long digging in rotting tree trunks for bugs....much like the aye-ayes do with their one long and bony middle finger. The aye-aye lives in Madagascar and is the only creature of its kind (in Madagascar, anyway) that digs into tree trunks (they don't have to be rotting) for bugs to eat. I think people with ugly feet should never wear open-toed shoes.
3. I have the soundtrack to my life playing in my head all the time and often am more than willing to share it with others. While this may not be so strange, as others may have this very same thing happening, I am the only one I know who spontaneously bursts into song (in the most inopportune places). Sometimes, I just can't help it. The situation, the person I'm with, or something they say will remind me of a song, and I will just start singing or humming the tunes that pop into my head......now that's like hypnotizing chickens...
4. I am a sort of exhibitionist....I don't really care who sees me naked. Naked is natural and I have no shame about my body (a body-image complex, maybe.... but shame? no way)
5. I find repetitive noises annoying to the point of having to make them stop. I HATE my alarm clock and would like nothing more than to throw it out the window. I cannot abide the repetition of it and the loud, jarring sound it makes. I find it impossible to concentrate with repetitve noises going on in the background. I know that the brain is supposed to habituate to background noise, but mine won't do it. If the noise is really low or off in the distance someplace I have to get away from it because I know I can't make it stop. I have more of an issue with high frequencies that with low frequencies, but still....repetitive noises make my skin crawl.
6. I am insane about keeping my fingernails short. I hate long fingernails and think they make my hands look like meathooks. Long nails look very nice on others, but somehow they make my hands look like giant paws. Not that having paws is a bad thing in and of itself, but I object to looking at my arms and seeing them terminate in paws...............VERY disturbing......
and here's something else, just for good measure...............
7. I miss my tail.

2 commenti:

sulu-design ha detto...

So, I've read what seems like fifty of these "Six Strange Things About Me" posts, and I have to say - you win! Holy Moses, girl... I didn't know the half of it!

maritza ha detto...

Ahhhhhhhhh, finally Blogger is cooperating! Woohoo! Thanks for playing. All of what you said is probably why we're such good friends. Well, except for the exhibitionism. Please don't get naked in front of me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you know.... Certain boundaries and all.

P.S. - Would you like your tail back? It's just taking up space in my closet.