20.11.06

small miracles

this one would be that I'm still awake........
I have determined that I have only slept something like 11 of the last 36 hours...........can anyone say exhaustion?? But I must forge ahead and write a brief (how come no matter how I spell that it never looks right?) summary of novella seconda dalla settima giornata (VII.2) del Decamerone .........This one was a particularly great one.......when I finish the summary I'll post it with a translation

so I am now officially an anarchist.......I have stolen something from somone who stole it as well........this comes from everyone's favorite
Knit Witch
and now, for the theivery.........in the immortal words of Maurice Sendak: Let the wild rumpus begin!!

48 things

1. FIRST NAME? Jolie

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not really.....My aunt had a friend whose name was Jolie, but considering how her life turned out (the friend not the aunt......although.....), I'm thinking that my parents just liked the name

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last evening I got choked up, but no real tears......the last time there were real tears was last friday

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes, it depends on my mood, speed, ink and writing implement

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I don't eat meat

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Unequivocally

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cold: Grape Nuts Hot: Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they're my combat boots yes otherwise, no

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Cioccolato e Nocciola

14. SHOE SIZE? 36/6.5

15. RED OR PINK? Crimson

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? The fact that I sometimes hurt those that I love without meaning to

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss everyone who's gone in different ways

18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? There isn't much that will get me out of bed in the middle of the night, so I would have to say the food that's on fire would be the food to get me out of bed in the middle of the night

19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
blue jeans red t-shirt no shoes

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? almonds and dried cranberries

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the refrigerator

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Violet
SIDE NOTE: I ate a red crayon once when I was little because I wanted that red to be inside me.............the crayon tasted terrible

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Lavender

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mother

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTCE ABOUT PEOPLE? it depends, what's most apparent usually, their third eye......

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Absolutely....She's great!

27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Water

28. FAVOURITE SPORT? Auto racing or motocross

29. EYE COLOUR? Dark Brown

30. HAT SIZE? Small

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No

32. FAVORITE FOOD? The one that's in my mouth

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies with happy endings......I especially love it when the annoying white girl with the nasal voice gets hacked to bits!! Now that's a happy ending!!

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Chocolate mousse cake

38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? The outside because I need to be able to fling myself overboard in the middle of the night

39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? What??? I got married?? DAMN!!!!!! No one told me!!!!!!!! I hate it when this happens!!!

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Il Decamerone -- Giovanni Boccaccio
Se una notte d'inverno, un viaggiatore -- Italo Calvino
Fontamara -- Ignazio Silone
Windows -- Harald Franzen
Novelle Rusticane -- Giovanni Verga

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have a mousepad

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? NOTHING I don't watch TV

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Good music, rain, a beating heart, my lover's voice

44. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? The Rolling Stones

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Italy (physically) lightyears (mentally)

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? All my talents are special

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New York NY

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody, I stole it from another blog :-) thanks Colette

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

Who is your favorite cousin?!?!?!?
aahahahahha