24.6.07

Day 1

Day 1: Arrival. After no sleep either friday night (I was restless and organizing things) or saturday (I forgot that the trip to Ireland is only 6 hours and we took off late, so I was even more whacked out because since we got off to a late start, dinner was served late, and of course, we made up time in the air so we landed pretty much on time in Ireland) night, upon arrival at my hostel,
and discovering that the room wasn't going to be ready for at least another hour, I left my luggage downstairs in the luggage room and headed out for some exploring on three hours of sleep, wondering exactly how productive I was actually going to be in my state of stupidity.
I did amazingly well.......
the weather is totally weird....it rained like three times today and was sunny and gorgeous and also rainy and cold all in the span of like 20 minutes....Beth swears it's good for the skin

I visited Trinity College:

the National Museum and the National Gallery:


strolled along the river Liffey.......


saw the customs house (Absolutely breathtaking!!)
checked out the North and South ends of town.....saw all the famous government buildings, walked on Grafton Street (where I saw live music! not once but twice! one guy playing his guitar and singing...he was amazing! and a trio of stringed instruments....cello, violin, and viola? though that viola could well have been a violin in disguise)

went to Temple Bar and walked around in St. Stephen's Green


St. Mary pro something or other......Not bad for a first day on three hours sleep, huh?

Nessun commento: