29.6.07

south to north the only way to go

Before Perugia there was.....
GAETA....................
and now, here's me!!! (I've heard one should never ever do this, but what the hell, I can always delete it no?)


Beth describes it best: I look like a nocciola!! I was taken off guard (damn you Enzo!!) so I'm not smiling all big and pretty, but I really had a great time.....

Ah yes, I can still hear the waves crashing on the shore.......... damn it sucks to be landlocked!!

The adventure would be incomplete without Enzo....


uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait a sec, I think I'm in the wrong country here.....



After the beach, we stopped at a caseificio (read mozzarella maker) for a fresh (think an hour old) mozzarella di bufala (oh my god) which was the best tasting morsel I have ever eaten in my whole life...they cut a whole mozzarella into quarters and put it in a plastic bag with a little of the milk it sits in while waiting to be consumed (if you've ever had fresh mozzarella you know of what I speak) and you take it outside and eat it under a fig tree sitting on a picnic bench while the milk and cream from the cheese is running down your fingers and your hand and your arm and probably down your chin.......oh it is the best experience ever........

And so I leave you with a great shot of our belovèd volcano....Il Vesuvio.....................yeah and somehow a piece of Napoli and Torre del Greco managed to get in the shot....I think Pompeii is there at the bottom of the volcano as well......







Nessun commento: