20.11.10

times they are a changin'

though you'd never know it as human history has repeated itself oh, since the beginning of time? and that raises another question: did time exist before people, or is it a human invention?
So yesterday was a great day, despite not having started out as such: work in the morning and then a fun-filled afternoon of housework and housework; I was thinking of going to finish viewing the rest of the Three Faiths exhibit at the library, but then decided that I really didn't feel like going out and dealing with people. Then I got a phone call to come out and play ^..^
I went to dinner with a new-found friend of mine and we had a grand time :-)

My quest for understanding the history of religion continues...
I was researching the Freemasons yesterday which was really a result from my serch on christian mysticism which, truth be told, was utterly fruitless; well, ok not UTTERLY, but damn close to it. I found it realy interesting that the Jews have the Kabbalah, the Muslims have Sufism and the Christians, well, they got a lot of nothing. I found a couple of interesting sites on Christian mysticism, but there's no "branch" or "sect" that specifically deals with mysticism per se. Though I did discover that Gnosticism come pretty close....this warrants further research...
The semester is alost finished! Both me and my students were kind of shocked to figure out that we only have three or four class meetings left! I assume they're all busy working on their presenations now...I asked them to let me know what they were planning on presenting, but haven't heard anything from anyone....perhaps this warrants an e.mail?
In other news, winter, I think, is upon us (oh the joy) and I have noticed that I only think to spend hours behind the computer screen in the cold weather....any puzzle? any wonder?
I think not...

Nessun commento: