15.2.07

Murphy's law in action

the highlights of my day:

1. I was late to my morning class as I had to dig my car out this morning (ask me again how much I LOVE the snow) and so I took the shovel with me to school (just in case I found myself in any other such situations that would be requiring me to dig out) but on the upside, I got a good workout at 8.30 in below freezing temperatures (ask me again how much I LOVE the snow)
2. My prof cancelled his classes today (even though he was in fact on campus...go figure) so I had a huge lapse of time staring me in the face (think six hours or better) however, I had to stick around to tutor at 12....
3. Now I'm in a quandry: it's 11 am.....Do I: a) Go home now and blow off tutoring only to return to school at 5 for my late class? (cause I'm thinking seriously, who's going to show up for tutoring in the freezing ugly weather especially if profs are cancelling classes at their discretion and whatnot) b) Do I stay on campus all day and find something to do in my off moments? c) Do stay for tutoring and go home for a bit afterwards, having to return for my late class? d) Is my late class even going to happen?


Needless to say it went down like this:

I chatted with the lady (Lori, she's really great!) in the European Languages and Literature Department for like a half hour.....we bantered back a forth speculating about the liklihood of Haller actually cancelling his class (will never happen....Hell would actually have to freeze over for that to happen, but it's cool, he's a really interesting and knowledgable professor, so I don't mind hanging around for his class). So after my little chat with Lori, I ran to the student union (but happily I got to leave my heavy bag full of books that I didn't end up needing AT ALL in the closet in the office) to grab a coffee.......came back to the office and picked up my stuff and then went to tutor (tutoring is in the same building as the ELL Dept so at least I didn't have far to go). As it turned out, it was good I hung out and amused myself because two (count them!! two!!) people actually showed up!! one hopeless case (but I mean hopeless) who's taking Ital 111 (we covered basic stuff but I mean really basic: articles, 1 elementary verb conjugation the verb "to be", nouns, adjectives, how to construct a sentence, how to answer a question, blah blah blah) and another girl (with whom I have had class before) who brought me a really interesting piece by Pico della Mirandola on humanism and the nature of god and god's relationship with man. Guess which was more entertaining for me?? HINT: it was not the basic verb conjugation of "essere".........
So I'm here at school (apparently, this is one of my off moments in which I had to amuse myself) waiting for 5 to come so I can go to class, learn, be educated and go home.

4 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Che giornatina!!!!
Bacini, Patrizia

sulu-design ha detto...

Did you happen to see a snow plow anywhere this week? Not me. And not suspending alternate side parking?!? What's wrong with this city?

~Tonia~ ha detto...

I heard from a little lamb that today is a special day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

sulu-design ha detto...

Since you didn't post an entry on your birthday, I'll have to comment here: Buono compleanno!!!