26.9.06

i like driving......i like being a passenger while others are driving.........a friend of mine and i once drove clear across the country......the road went on for miles and miles and miles.......i have always felt that there is something magical about driving........taking trips and such, particularly in a car............there is a connection with the landscape that is acheived from a car..........even though said landscape is flying by and at times, barely visible............
when i took my cross-country sojurn, we took I-80 because I-70 was under construction and was closed at several points along the way........we nearly avoided a tornado.........it was exciting, really..........the sky was so dark in the west and we could just see the funnel-cloud hiding almost behind the mountians..........why am i carrying on about this you ask? i find that desire guides action; when that happens, it can be a magical experience. i am at a place in my life wherein i find that my desires are guiding my actions in large part these days. i'm itchy again, to take a trip (never mind that i just returned from one, that was different) i want to get out onto the highway and drive for a while.....

2 commenti:

maritza ha detto...

Road trips rock! I love 'em.

Colette ha detto...

Sojurn - good word