1.8.07

Ciao Perugia

WOW!! I can't believe I'm leaving!! It's been an absolutely amazing time here......I'm going up to Genova to visit my family.....more pics from there.....

and so I leave you with some stunning images of Perugia....hope you had as much fun here as I did....... Baci dall'Umbria e ci vediamo ancora quando arriverò a Genova!!........

the Griffin of 1477......500 years before I was born!



Corso Vannucci


La Fontana



Porto d'Ercule



Sala dei Notai e la Galleria Nazionale d'Umbria


Corso Bersaglieri


the view from the roof of the università


this is a false grade.....look closely though and you can see the aqueduct....ah.....the genius of Roman engineering!!




Sala Grande....that painting in the back is a futurist painting (can't remember the name of the artist) but it used to have a depiction of Mussolini in it....til the fascist regime fell and then they painted over him......il Duce probably wasn't too thrilled...


San Francesco.....



La Madonna



The walk home from university.....




San Francesco al Prato....



God, Umbria is really beautiful....



Arco del sole ? the scudi at the top fast became a symbol of Perugia....this wall was originally constructed by the Etruscans....and added to by the Romans.....




the cityscape is really breathtaking from up high....




illegal pictures of Apollo from the sala dei notai.....the ceiling is just incredible though!!



I don't think I even knew the name of this chruch but it's right at the end of corso bersaglieri.....this is where I turn right to get to university......Piazza Fortebraccio is just down the street.....


I will miss it sooooooooooo much!!



Ciao! ci vediamo alla prossima...


1 commento:

Massy Biagio ha detto...

Your photos are really good I'll add into my http://umbriablog.blogspot.com7